After having a few left over egg yolks from the marshmallow recipe as well as graham crackers and candied pecans, I decided to combine them into a Chocolate Pie. The dark chocolate filling was a thick & creamy mixture that would be sure to satisfy any chocolate cravings you might have. Combined with the graham cracker and candied pecan crust, the Chocolate Pie was the perfect amount of richness balanced with the crunchiness of the crust.
- 1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Candied Pecans (Chopped)
- 85g Butter (Melted)
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Corn Starch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 3 Cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 12oz Dark Chocolate
- Combine all ingredients and press into a pie plate.
- Bake for 5 mins at 350°F
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Add sugar, corn starch and salt to a saucepan and combine.
- Mix together milk and yolks in a separate bowl and slowly pour into the saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Add chocolate chunks. Stir until melted and well blended.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap to avoid a film from forming.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours until firm.
- Garnish with whip cream or melted peanut butter.
- Store in the fridge, covered, for up to a week.
PRINT THE RECIPE HERE
This recipe was adapted from www.hersheys.com