What do you do when you have ripe bananas and zucchini? You make a loaf! I wanted to find a dessert that could use up some leftover Zucchini in the fridge, and since I already love Banana Loaf by itself, this Banana Zucchini Loaf sounded like the perfect hybrid. The addition of the oats also helped create a good texture while reducing some of the added moisture from the zucchini in the loaf, without making it dry. The Zucchini Banana loaf recipe also makes for the perfect vessel to sneak in some extra nutrients into a delicious snack or dessert.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Shredded Zucchini
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg.
- Stir in rolled oats and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add sugar, oil, applesauce, mashed bananas, and vanilla to the eggs and mix together.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in zucchini.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes in two loaf pans at 350°F.
- Let cool completely before storing in the fridge for up to a week or freeze.
PRINT THE RECIPE HERE
This recipe was adapted from www.food.com